Get in Touch
Storyboards & Key Frames
Use MagicAI to break an ad down into it’s key frames, then form your own storyboard to quickly create variants of the ad structure.
Use MagicAI to break a video ad down into key frames
Found an ad format that you want to try out? Open the ad detail view by either clicking on the blank space at the top of the ad card, or by opening the drop down menu and clicking ‘Ad Details’:
Once in the ad detail view, click the ‘Magic AI’ button on the right panel then click on the thumbnail:
The ad will then be broken down into key frames including the full ad script:
Note: MagicAI is still in beta and may not work perfectly on every single video ad. At the moment, it works most effectively on ads with a lot of variation between scenes.
Export key frames into the storyboard tool
After breaking an ad down into it’s key frames, you can export those frames into your own storyboard that you can edit and rework with a few clicks.
Hit ‘Export Options’ then ‘Export to New Board’. Alternatively, if you just want to rework the script without the thumbnail images, you can export the text only into a storyboard with the ‘Export Script’ button or copy the script to your clipboard with the ‘Copy Script’ button:
Using the storyboard tool
- Input your script and/or a description of the action occurring in each scene
- Add context to each scene by assigning the component
- Add a thumbnail image to provide further context of how each scene should look (pro-tip: you can drag and drop your images)
- Click and hold the dots to re-order frames
- Click the ‘New Frame’ button to add additional frames
- Click the white space at the top of each scene card to select a frame (hold-shift to select multiple frames at once), then click the trash icon to delete the frame(s).
- Share a link to the storyboard with teammates or leave comments
Finished your storyboard and ready to send it off to a content creator for production? Check out how to use our briefing tool