Get in Touch
The Brief tool is a powerful way to create context-rich, professional briefs to send to content creators, video editors and contractors so your ad concept can be brought to fruition.
There is a close correlation between quality of the creative brief and quality of the finished asset - the briefing tool will help you nail this crucial part of the workflow.
Building your Brief
The brief tool is designed to combine all the flexibility of a normal text editor with free-form typing, with the power of drag-and-drop modules designed specifically for creative briefing. Use the Brief builder as you would a normal word document, then add in any relevant modules that help you paint the picture of the ad concept you are aiming to create.
Available modules that you can include in your brief:
- Ad Reference: embed any of your saved ads as an example of the style you’re aiming for
- Asset Links: embed links to any relevant external info (i.e. a product page on your website)
- Channel: specify which social media platform(s) the ad is being made for
- Concepts: embed a storyboard that you have created to guide the structure / script of the ad
- Content Style: specify the style in which the ad should be shot (i.e. UGC)
- Attach Files: upload any relevant files and attached them to the brief
- Format: specify wether the ad will be static, video, carousel etc
- Media: upload any of your own images or video to embed in the brief
- Music: link any soundtrack that you want to feature in the ad
- Output Sizes: specify the desired aspect ratio of the ad content
- Product Info: detail any relevant information about the product that will be featured in the ad
- Target Audience: detail any relevant information around the type of customers the ad will be targeting
- Variant Info: list the details of any variations if you’re aiming to create multiple ad variants
Sharing your Finished Brief
Once your brief is ready to be sent off, hit the ‘Share’ button in the top right corner. You have the option to generate a private share link that is accessible only to other users within your MagicBrief workspace, or to make the link viewable to anyone with the link. You can also opt to share the brief with someone by entering their email address.
When your brief is opened using the sharing link, it will render into a polished view-only format for the recipient :
Collaboration & Management of Briefs
MagicBrief supports real-time collaboration so that you can edit or review briefs at the same time as your team mates. You can also tag teammates and leave comments by opening the comment pane with the button in the top-right corner.